Old 05-01-02, 06:48 AM
Inkwolf
Grounded

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Last night was perfect for commuting!

It was only my second time, actually, but those strong winds which have been blowing all month finally died down to a gentle breeze. It was 60 degrees f (about 15c) which was great, and it was partly sunny on the way in. Big fluffy clouds, and the trees starting to show a bit of green. On the way home, rain clouds had moved in, but I only got hit with about 3 drops.

To make it all that much better, my butt seemed to hurt less this time (finally!) and the length of the ride (8miles) seemed easy compared to the nasty ride I had on Sunday!

(Sunday--now remember, I'm not that fit and have only had my bike for about 3 weeks--I planned a 21-miler, which would have been just a little over the longest ride I've taken yet. The first 7-mile section was against powerful head winds, but I didn't worry because I knew I'd be out of them on the next part, and they would blow me home. The second 7-mile section was on the Mountain Bay trail....and never having ridden trails before, I hadn't realized how that brown stuff sucks at your wheels when it's wet--I had to do almost the entire 7 miles in the gears I usually only use for hill-climbing against the wind!!! The last seven miles wouldn't have been bad except that I was tired and had a bad leg cramp from the time my chain slipped off and I fell over. :/ Thanks for listening to me whine....)