Old 06-15-08, 10:59 AM
AndrewCO
If you fail, make it epic

Bikes: Fuji Newest 3.0 ('07), Trek Verve 2 Disc ('20), MTB/Sport Bike coming soon.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Crankaddict
I had a 20 oz plastic mountain dew bottle filled with tobacco spit thrown at me. The car was going 55 MPH I was going 15. It hit dead center on the back of my left calf. The impact tore my soleus muscle. When I got off the bike I could not put any weight on my leg. thank god I was wearing winter weight compression tights or who knows what damage would have been done. I was on crutches for 2 weeks, and 3 years later I still have a scar from the impact on the back of my leg.

When I was able to go to the police station later that week I reported it (I was riding 40 miles from home) I was not the first report of attacks on cyclists on that stretch of highway so the police were actively seeking the culprits; I just added fuel to the fire. They finally caught them about a month later. They threw a baseball bat into the spokes of a rider causing him to get seriously hurt. The car behind witnessed it, called the cops and followed them until the police intercepted them. 16 and 17 year olds.

Ok, now that I actually am awake enough to get the reading comprehension going, those two deserve to be "darwin'd".