View Single Post
Old 06-16-08, 08:13 PM
ATAC49er
Banned

Bikes: Pacific hardtail (frame only right now); Weyless SP (frame/fork right now); Jamis Dakar XLT 1.0 custom build-up (fully functional)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by atcfoody
I'm curious about those of you who are actually car free.
What do you do for a living? What are your hobbies? Are you married or single? For those that are married, do you have kids, and how do you get them around for different things (school, sports, music lessons/performances, Dr's appointments, etc.)?
Thanks for the input.
D
I build the BSO's for the Big Smiley, W-Mart. Pays better than the LBS, sorry. Other than riding and www-surfing, I read, watch movies, and have been known to work with wood and even tip a drink now and again.

Twice divorced, one child left at home, which I share with my extended family. Sister has a car, so dr. appts. are not an issue (the bus would be my answer if I was solo); I picked her up from after-school karate classes in a bike trailer, which she loved.

The only times I'm not on the bike are when the road surface is too treacherous to ride, or I have to use the bus for some obscure reason (doesn't hardly ever happen). The aforementioned trailer doubles as a grocery-getter when needed.

Both parents are deceased, btw.