Old 06-20-08, 12:34 PM
TheRCF
Da Big Kahuna

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rosie8
Correct me if I'm wrong but - wouldn't lowering your seat/saddle make your knees hurt and make you feel like it's harder to pedal? If you want to ride in regular clothes, you might want to test ride the bikes that give you the sit up and beg position. The bike geometry for those type bikes is more relaxed, with seat back farther, handlebars above the saddle, etc. I ride a Giant Suede which has that style geometry. Trek Pure, Schwinn Coffee, others also have that upright positioning.
I'm sure lowering the saddle would make the peddling less efficient. Not sure about the knew issue. I've heard of it, but would that matter if you aren't pushing hard for extended distances? I thought maybe it was the high rpm at a fairly high effort that may cause that problem. I did test a trek 7000 and it seemed nice enough - but could only test it in a parking lot so can't really tell if I'd still have my problem on a longer ride.

But don't forget, the problem I'm having on my present bike is WITH bike shorts and I never used to have that - at least not in such a short time.