deburn

Bikes: 2020 Fuji Bighorn 1.3, 2005 LeMond Buenos Aires, 2013 Jamis Coda Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J.C. Koto
shundaroni,

Hopefully things end up working out to equitable terms. That sucks that your bike is "lost"! I just put down a deposit for a new bike last Wed, and it's not expected to ship until "The End of June", so I totally understand the anxiousness of waiting. However, I have a thorough understanding of retail, so I know that things are often forgotten, neglected, or as they say "**it happens". Generally, whenever a retail outlet of any type gives you an estimate of time, for anything, it's optimistic at best. You were just the "victim" of mediocre service. If they are a good shop, they'll bend over backwards to make up for the trouble, as long as you can keep your cool and not take advantage of them

Maybe you and I can have a bike race -- a race to see who gets their bike first!!
Bollocks! the owner made a commitment on when the bike would be ready and said he'd call if there were any problems. He didnt. I'm guessing he knew the OP lives 50 miles away. "If they are a good shop" I dont know why you accept this kind of service - I may be wrong but imo the owner lied to him because he knew that if he told him the truth the OP would buy a bike from the other LBS. Any you still think there's a possibility that they might be a good shop??

Originally Posted by JoelS
Sounds like he understands your frustration to some degree since he called to tell you it's missing. Give it a few days and call back or see if he'll just give you the tracking number. That way you'll know when it arrives at the shop.
This is another one: "Sounds like he understands your frustration to some degree since he called to tell you it's missing." if he called the first time then I *might* have believed this. You guys must either be really amazing customers or related to Gandhi.

The customer is not responsible for shipping issues (which I suspect is not the case here, but anyhow). I think that if it was a shipping issue the right thing to do would be to say: Look, I know you wanted to go riding this weekend and I'm really sorry about this. We'd really like to keep you as our customer what can we do to offset this? or he could have offered a loaner bike, thrown in a freebie or offered to refund his money. Many people in such situations would appreciate the owners response and be mollified by it or take the refund and walk away but with good feelings about the experience and talk about it to their friends