Old 06-27-08, 01:17 PM
karmat
Vintage French Bike Fan

Bikes: Peugeot UO-8, Peugeot 80's 12 spd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks guys! Sorry I've been missing on this thread. I've been collecting bits and pieces for this bike over the last month. I'm getting close to being able to put it together. The one thing not done yet is the wheels.

Hey Cyclotoine, I missed this post. Sorry!

Originally Posted by cyclotoine
Wow! Looks like my size (jealous).
I really like this frame and the finishing looks better than most Raleigh, like better than any I have ever seen.
Yeah, I couldn't believe how much better finished the frame was than the other Raleighs I've seen. I had a 1976 Competition that I sold to pay for this bike and the finishing was fairly poor. This one looks like it was built by a real frame builder. Who knows?

Oh, and you are using super champion rims on a commuter?! Those are hard to find and becoming exceedingly rare. Why not get some nice Asian wheels for the commuter and use those on this? That would seem the most economical to me.
Yeah, I know... I do feel kind of bad about it, but I got them so ridiculously cheaply that they were actually cheaper to run on the commuter than anything else. I just bought a pair of polished finish Sun Cr-18 rims to run on this Raleigh. I am trying to decide what hubs to run with them. I also picked up another Super Champion rim (used, but barely) for $10 recently. I have a set of Normandy Sport (the regular ones) hubs polished in excellent condition, but if I'm going to take the trouble to build another set of wheels it seems like I should run something nicer. Depends on what happens with my budget. Maybe I should sell some parts to pay for hubs

Karl

Last edited by karmat; 06-27-08 at 05:37 PM.