Old 06-27-08, 03:09 PM
banerjek
Portland Fred

Bikes: Custom Winter, Challenge Seiran SL, Fuji Team Pro, Cattrike Road/Velokit, РOS hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by FreddyV
Is this actually a useful fight? I don't think we'll get much out of this. I need my body to get used to riding more often. Last week it was 1 day, this week it was 2 days, next week it will be at least 3 days. I can't force my body to go deeper as I did this week. I've got 2 'monster-bridges' to cross each day, but if my body doesn't cooperate it's no use going commuting anyway.

Yes, I will commute more often when my body and work shifts let me. But isn't my wife a bit overreacting?
Fights are rarely useful. If you're out of shape, you should probably ride 3 days with a day off in between to recover. Also, you may be riding too hard. Since you haven't been doing this for awhile, know that it gets a lot better. In 6 months, you'll feel better and be much faster. In 12, you'll be faster still and be totally addicted to your commute.

I'm not sure why she's busting your balls so much to bike commute. I'll bet if you ask most of the guys here, they have to convince their wives that commuting by bike is a good idea. I know I do.

Also, by cycling standards, you have spent next to nothing. You should let your wife read some of the posts here so she can see what a frugal hubby she has.