Old 06-28-08, 03:26 PM
Abu Omar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
From Mpls MN

Hi all,

I pedaled around the usual amount while growing up. Then in '97 or '98 or so I did the AIDS ride from Mpls to Chicago on a Giant Kronos road bike that I bought at a big sale at the fairgrounds. It was a great time. After that I got into running and frisbee ultimate and a couple of jobs and I biked less for a few years. Then I had knee surgery so no more "knee impact" sports. I'm back on the bike this year! Mpls is a great city for cycling with lots of dedicated trails and lanes on roads.

I ride the Giant Kronos for fun on the weekends and have been commuting once a week since May. I'll post a pic in the commuting forum.

I've got a Schwinnn Caliente that I put some cruiser handlebars on that I use to get groceries and beer. We live in a crowded part of Mpls called Whittier and I can bike to most stuff I need.

I've got a Bridgestone something or other hanging in the garage (also with cruiser bars) that I'm going to clean up for my lovely spouse. Then we can tool around together to picnics and stuff when our new son Omar gets a little bigger. He is 4 months old now and I think too fragile for a bumpy trailer ride.

Thanks for reading all the way to the end.