View Single Post
Old 10-28-04, 10:14 AM
sparks_219 

Bikes: Rocky Mountain Instinct, Cannondale Six13, Cervelo One

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you very much for the informing post!! My Instinct is my first suspended bike, and I am trying to get used to its riding characteristics. Also, my SID also the first front fork I've owned. I'm very overwhelmed by its maintaince schedule (changing oil for every 40 hours of use, and rebuild the pure DeLite syste every 100 hours of use). My friends have been telling me that they were rebuilding the SID worldcups after every race!!! However, I guess the racers do have more budget and requirement for their equipment to work in perfect condition compared to us. I will also need to purchase some new tools and learn how to rebuild the fork myself because I am really not willing to dish out 50-100 dollars for every 40 hours of riding.

After some hours of searching on mtbreview.com, I found out that many 2003 SIDs have a defect in their pure delite system. When rebound is turned on, the fork would clutter and sound like the bike has a loose headset. This is exactly the problem I'm experiencing. Looks like I'll need to send my fork back to Rockshox for repair after 3 rides Hopefully my friend will lend me his bomber for the last few rides of the year

Thanks again for your advice!!!

Ming