Old 07-01-08, 12:16 AM
SweetLou

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I finally got the bike yesterday. A buddy of mine that lives a lot closer picked it up for me and delivered it. But, I had to work, so no time to ride it. I trued the wheels and gave the hubs an overhaul instead. Today, I was off of work, but it was raining, so I took out my aluminum bike instead. To my surprise, the Trek is a 12 speed. I thought the ad said 18 speed. But this is a pleasant surprise! I would much rather have a double than a triple.

I did replace the Nitto stem and the ergo handlebars with the originals. Switched brakes and levers with the ones I took off of a '85 Trek 400 also the seat post. I also switched the cables over so that the front brake is controlled by the right lever, the way I like it. The levers will stay on until I get a pair of Tektro R200a levers. They fit my hands nicely and are aero.

Tomorrow should be a nice sunny day, so I will probably ride the bike to work. It's been sitting in my living room and I have been dying to ride it. I just didn't want the first ride to be in the rain or on wet roads.

So far, the only downside to the bike is the Matrix rims. Nothing wrong with the rims, but Matrix must design their rims with the idea of getting tires on and off as something that is not done. Oh, and the hub cones have a small amount of pitting. Nothing major though.