Old 07-02-08, 11:57 AM
tjspiel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by DataJunkie
Now that I have shortened my route to use the light rail halfway I see all of 0 commuters in lycra. Mind you each train is overflowing with bike commuters. While I could ride 14 miles in whatever I see fit I am sticking to lycra. It is comfy and with it being windy half the time I find it easier to go as fast as possible. Plus it is comfy. Did I forget to mention that it is comfy? Oh and I am feeling stingy and do not want to purchase anything at the moment. Plus, I abhor looking like a hipster so that is out.

I will continue sticking out like a sore thumb on the light rail forcing everyone else to give up cycling since they must wear lycra to be like me. Too bad it does not seem to be working.
You don't get it. I'm sure the last time you were on the light rail there was some guy sittin' there looking at all the bikes and thinking: "I could do that. I'm going dust off the old Raleigh and ride to the train station tomorrow instead of driving to the park and ride.".

Then he sees you and thinks: "Christ! What was I thinking? I can't ride, I'd have to wear those tight shorts! Even though there's half a dozen bikes on this train and only one guy in lycra, I guess I'd have to wear it too. F**k it. I'm sticking to my car".

It only takes one.

On Halloween when I got on the train in tight leather pants and cape (Zorro) I must have scared off a hundred potential bicycle commuters 'cause who'd want to dress like that every day?