Old 07-03-08, 12:21 PM
karmat
Vintage French Bike Fan

Bikes: Peugeot UO-8, Peugeot 80's 12 spd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A little more story and answer to a question.

So I got lost on the way there. Drove right past the road I was supposed to take. This was in the country and there was no one around. I was really running late because of traffic. I was turning around in a side road after driving like 4 miles too far. I wasn't sure what to do and then this car comes over the hill and I flag them down. Old couple in their 70's I'd say. I ask about the road. The guy thinks for a minute and says, "yeah that's back that way," pointing. I thank him and he turns off in that direction. I turn around, and head that way after him. I catch up after a min or two and just drive along, looking at all the road signs. I don't see it. I'm nervous because the time is ticking before these people have to leave. I'm agitated, but I have no cell phone service in the area so I can't call and tell them I'm lost. I drive on for a couple more miles. Seems like forever. Still no road. Then the guy I has asked for directions slows down really slow. At first I'm wondering if he's going to turn off. Just as I'm passing it, I realize what I thought was a driveway is actually a road. And it's the right one. I flash lights, give him two beeps on the horn and turn off. Phew! If that guy hadn't come along... no PX-10 for me.

So the full S/N is: 2727599

I still haven't found any PX-10 in that time frame with 49D cranks. But it was major boom timeif it is a '72 and perhaps they couldn't get enough supply of 93s. It could be that the wheels, which are totally age appropriate, were also original for the same reason. I don't know.

Also, the spoke heads have a heart on them, not a triangle. Anyone know who that is?

Karl

Last edited by karmat; 07-03-08 at 12:25 PM.