View Single Post
Old 07-03-08, 04:20 PM
Hezz

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Walter

I'm torn with the whole doping thing. I'm not impressed with Floyd and to be honest I kind of just want him to go away but there's a nagging voice in my head that's whispering that he's getting jobbed and it's fundamentally wrong.

THe powers that be want a fallen hero so that it will impress upon the minds of those who might try to get away with doping that it could prove very costly. It is now a criminal offense to dope in France and if an althlete is caught doping in France during the race he can face not only suspension but 1 year in jail.

Team management distributing doping supplies to their riders in France will face even longer jail times. Up to five or ten years I believe. THis means that if a teams management is providing these things and are caught in France they can go to jail for even longer periods of time.

It's obvious the French are serious about getting rid of this in the TDF. Even to the point of getting unethical themselves.

I for one would like Landis to come back with his artificial hip and ride a clean TDF with good results. But I don't believe they will ever let him race again in that event.

Last edited by Hezz; 07-03-08 at 04:28 PM.