View Single Post
Old 07-04-08, 04:08 AM
dannyg1 

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
With this level of chrome original to the build, I'd say that this particular Moulton is not readily appraised. It's rare as hen's teeth in that form and I've never seen a Moulton like it. What size would it be?

Danny

Originally Posted by ahistick
Thanks for all the input. I agree, it needs to be ridden. I love the feel and liveliness of a steel frame and the Moulton rides beautifully.

The bike was sold by the original owner so it has his name on it. According to his site, Dave made 216 'dave moulton' signature frames in Cali. If I read the charts right, its one of 154 'special Professional Road' models and there were 7 of the size I have.

East Hill--I'll try to get pictures up. For a teaser, its a pearl white frame, rear triangle, and fork with dark blue 'moulton' decals. Its Columbus SL or SLX tubing with chromed lugs and dropouts (similar to the one below)

The component group that came with it is Campy Chorus. The etched part on the face of crankset have been inlayed with Italy's colors (red and green).

Another benefit of the bike is that its somewhat of a sleeper in terms of looks. Other than the pearl white paint job, many may consider it an 'ordinary' bike. People have been held up, jacked, push off for their fancier-looking bikes, but I think many that many see the white bike and just overlook it when I ride down certain parts of town.

Thanks again everybody.