View Single Post
Old 07-04-08, 11:36 AM
CV-6 
If I own it, I ride it

Bikes: Lejeune(14), Raleigh, Raysport, Jan De Reus, Gazelle, Masi, B. Carré(4), Springfield, Greg Lemond, Andre Bertin, Schwinn Paramount

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 593 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 312 Posts
Originally Posted by Otto Rax
which 5 tubes are 531?
I would say the decal reads 3 tubes and not 5. Those would be, seat, down and top. Looking at the photos of Fred Rednor's bike, link in my first post, your bike could be as early as 1975, but based on the markings, I would put it later. Who knows on the original components. I would guess it was not sold as a complete bike. I would go for top end French, but I read you have Campag already, so why beat yourself up looking for French. I have the bruises...LOL.

There was a seller on eBay France that had the plain block Lejeune in white a few weeks back. I scored a set and he had another to sell but I do not see any more. Greg Softley has photos from me of my decals that I had made. The art work for those decals was done by Mike Swantak with my direction and he sold all that to JRestore, who is on the forum. These are the garish markings I call Champ du Monde. If you are going period, then they are not the markings you want to use. Should you choose to use them, have JRestore get in touch with me as there are still some corrections that should be made to them. They are good and very close, but not exactly correct.

Lynn Travers

Photos

Last edited by CV-6; 07-04-08 at 11:40 AM. Reason: revision to dating