CommuterRun
Conservative Hippie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crhilton
Originally Posted by genec
I am of the strong opinion that a pubic service campaign similar to the safe boating campaigns I hear often are the key here. More and more people are hitting the roads on bikes as gas prices continue to rise. There should be a wide campaign to educate both drivers and cyclists on how to share the road. Just saying "share the road" doesn't get the message across... it is time for actual demonstrations of the hows and whys of taking a lane and what it means to all road users.
I just wish someone would get the ball rolling on that. I'd donate. It's definitely a worthy cause in my best interests!

If they're just going to be ******** "share the road" commercials than I'd want no part of it. You know, something stupid and inflammatory like the seat belt and anti-drug campaigns.
http://www.bikeleague.org/programs/e...on/courses.php

The League of American Bicyclists teaches Motorist Education in their Bike Education program. The problem is getting people to take the class if it's not a requirement. I think this course should be required for all new Driver Licenses and all renewals.