View Single Post
Old 07-06-08, 08:45 PM
mschmidt856

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What is this old Miyata I got?

I recently came across an old Miyata bike that had been converted to single speed. I'm going to replace a bunch of the parts and probably have the frame stripped and painted. But I would like to know more about the bike. For example, I don't know what year it is from and I don't even know what model it is. The serial number on the bottom of the frame is A189456. The paint is a dull gold color. The top tube says "PIONEER'S BICYCLE IN JAPAN, MIYATA INDUSTRY CO., LTD. It has this cottered crank that is going to be a pain in the rear to get off. There are a couple stickers on the seat tube with Japanese writing on them, one of which says, "Iwakuni". The other sticker has a six-digit number beginning in 101. Most of the seat tube is covered by this shiny silver sticker that has a Miyata Industry crest on it. Oh, and the frame is lugged. I have very little knowledge of bikes, so I hope someone out there can tell me a little about this bike, particularly the frame since I'm going to replace almost everything else because it is old and a little rusty.