Old 07-08-08, 01:46 PM
Little Darwin
The Improbable Bulk

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Gosh, it is nice to see an old thread pop up once in a while.

First, I know not all ATV riders are bad, but those that are sure make themselves obvious.

Also, I do like riding route 11... It is part of why I bought the house I did.

And, I hang out at Around Town bikes, not as much as I used to before I bought my house (gosh the house and yard are a lot of work) but even the 14 or 15 mph at the back end is above my pace... I will have to just stick to the line I thought was the case last year... maybe next year.

A couple of weeks ago I was making a trip to the dump and it was a weekend when I think the ATB group was scheduled to ride past my house, and I did see a couple of clusters of riders ride by... I'll bet it was the trailing couple of groups from the Saturday morning ride.

The levees are fun to ride (if you hit them at the right time)... but to be honest, my biggest hurdle right now is me. I seem to be finding obstacles right and left, and I just need to slot a coupld of hours for riding on my calendar, and just do it. If it is raining, then get on the trainer, or get wet... but just get out and do it.

Thanks for all of the ideas.

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson