View Single Post
Old 07-08-08, 05:16 PM
gregw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had and sold the BA SL-1 tent for the following reasons;

1. It was just too darn small, which was made worst by the entry from the end instead of the side that my replacement MRS Hubba Bubba has. The entry from the end is a pain, you have to either back-in or go in head first and turn around, try that in the rain.

2. The vestibule is very small and relies on waterproof zippers.

3. The tent is only semi-freestanding, the foot portion needs to be staked out to give you the full amount of available space. Even the sides need staking out to maximize space.

Having said that, the tent is very light, well made and packs really small.

But.......... I would recommend either the 1 or 2 person version of the MSR Hubba Bubba tent instead. The one person tent is no bigger on the inside, but is a side entry and the vestibule is bigger and better designed. Better designed in that you can leave the vestibule open in a light rain and have no water come in. The center cross member holds the rain fly out which keeps the water out. They are both completely freestanding and don't need any stakes unless it's supposed to rain and you want to stake out the rain fly.

I got the 2 person version that has 2 doors and 2 vestibules and could not be happier, it's the best tent that I have ever had. The penalty is more bulk than weight, it's very light.