View Single Post
Old 07-10-08, 12:10 AM
rmp5s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd be hunting that dude down...for sure...

Anyway...I was looking at the Buzz bikes and they seemed BAD ASS but, unfortunately there isn't anywhere within 3 hrs of me that sells them. I ended up getting a Marin Novato (had to drive a half hr even for this). It has eylets for racks and all that, it can take fenders and it has the clearance for wider tires. The tires that come on it are awesome for commuting (even in the rain) and, with the disk brakes, I never worry about stopping power. And, like you, I plan on taking it with me on vacation for some mountain biking when I slap some knobbies on it and even using it when it snows with some studded tires. I'm sure it'd be awesome for this with the low gearing. I was even riding around some steep hills by my apt the other night with the slick street tires on it and didn't have a problem other than slipping in the wet grass.

It may have an aluminum frame but I've never ridden a steel frame bike so I really can't say anything in comparison as far as that goes but I can say that the thing's plenty comfortable to me. However...the seat SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS...I'm starting to get used to it now (after over a HUNDRED MILES!!!) but that's easy to change.

For me, all I'd change about it is

- The seat (and maybe a thudbuster seat post)
- I wanna get a set of knobbies and studded tires
- I am looking into adding some form of drop bar or something for more versatility position wise.
- I might look into putting a taller top gear on it because there are times that I could pedal it faster.

That's what I chose after lots of shopping around and research and it's what I'd recommend. Just my 2 cents though.