Old 07-10-08, 11:41 AM
UncleStu

Bikes: Trek SU200, old Wards Hawthorne 3-speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm certainly no expert- but I have a Topeak Turbo Morph w/dial gauge & like it a lot. IMO, the dial is easier to read than the "slide in a window" types, plus it was just way too cool to pass up. Bonus: that dial gauge comes on a great pump! Factory claims up to 160 psi capacity- while that may be optimistic, it should certainly inflate up to 110 psi OK. It's about as close as you can come to a floor pump that's easy to clip on your bike frame. Yes, there are many other good pumps, but this is my favorite- love that dial gauge!

How big a deal is a gauge? I think you should also get an accurate pencil or dial gauge(or borrow one), & then note any discrepancy between it & the pump gauge. Once you've found any difference(both my turbo morph, & my floor pump, measure right on with my Milton pencil gauge)just use the pump gauge to fill your tires, & save all that disconnecting, checking pressure with a separate gauge, reconnecting, checking again, etc. Short version- a pump gauge isn't absolutely necessary, but it sure is handy.

Link to the Turbo Morph:http://www.topeak.com/products/Mini-Pumps/TurboMorphG