Old 07-11-08, 04:13 PM
SR_

Bikes: Mountain Bike, currently . . . Racing Bicycle as soon as I can afford one!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First Tri :) -- Trasition & Swimsuit questions

Hello,

I'm 17, and I'm going to be doing my first triathlon tomorrow (Olympic Distance). I've been training for about 4 months now, mainly the swimming and running because cycling is mainly my thing. In any case, I'm feeling pretty comfortable about the actual stages, however I don't have a clue as to what to expect with regards to transitions.

Are you allotted like a stall, where you lock up your bike, or do you even have to lock up your bike? How much space do you usually have? Am I allowed to keep all my water, snacks, towel, shoes, clothes, etc., there?

Also, seeing as I'm going to be doing the swimming in just a swimsuit, rather than a wetsuit, what are the best methods for T1? Right now I'm just thinking I'm going to wear short swim trunks or a speedo and dry off and throw on shorts and a jersey over it?

Lastly, looking at the lineup of racers for the event, I realized that I';m going to be the youngest competitor . . . the person closest in age to me is 23. Would you say I'm at a particular disadvantage for this? I'm not particularly worried about it . . . just wondered what your opinions were.

Thanks in advance! -- and any other information and tips would be very much appreciated, too.

--Stefan