Old 07-14-08, 10:30 AM
FKMTB07

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mattlavallee
...i'm taking the opportunity to build up a stronger wheel using a hope pro 2 trials hub. parts are still in the mail, but i *should* be able to build up an undished rear with 6 cogs without messing with the frame spacing. plan is to use some of the cogs and spacers from the old cassette to keep the low range and set the high combo at a similar ratio to whatever ratio i was using before on a regular basis, but now using the large chainring. on the downside, in addition to being significantly more expensive than a 1 for 1 replacement, it's been more challenging than expected to find a shop with a good touring rim in stock. was going with a black velocity dyad 36 hole, now am going with a black mavic a719 36 hole. everybody had the rims silver, nobody had black, and i already damned myself to an intervention by the fashion police by ordering black spokes instead of silver. such is life.....

Properly built up, an A719 laced to a Hope Pro 2, dishless, will probably outlast your riding career. Props on the hub/rim choice. Diesel.

FWIW, I rode Hope hubs on my downhill mtb for a while, never had any trouble what-so-ever, and I ride A719's on my touring rig. Combined... wow that would be gnarly.