View Single Post
Old 07-15-08, 09:39 AM
zoltani
sniffin' glue

Bikes: Surly crosscheck ssfg, Custom vintage french racing bike, Bruce Gordon Rock & Road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Actually, it seems the safest to me the way i have been doing it, however, taxis are making me rethink that. The lane is a bus only lane, but taxis share it also. They are always cutting it close on this particular road, and yesterday was the final incident that pushed me over the edge. I heard a honk so i looked back and a taxi was just a few inches away from my back tire, then he proceeded to pass me narrowly missing my left side. After passing me he swerved to the left across two traffic lanes. I don't understand why he wants to put me in danger to intimidate me and then endanger the other motorists swerving in front of them. Obviously he needed to be to the left (unless of course he had just seen a fare) so why not just move to the left lane to pass me?

Usually my MO is to get pissed and have some words, but this time i took his plate number and called it in. After i called it in i was worrying that maybe i wasn't riding "as far to the right as possible". Now i worry that the driver knows that i must ride that road everyday at the same time, (5pm rush hour) and if he gets points against him or even looses his medallion then i could be targeted.