Old 07-15-08, 08:18 PM
owlmaster08

Bikes: Dahon Mariner 2007

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, I'm giving in. I'm trying to "spin" Didn't use my 7th gear once today, yet tied my fastest time on the way in. Coming back, I was a minute slower than my fastest time, but it was raining, and I was driving though 2 inch puddles half the time. The other half I gave up and rode on the sidewalk! Gasp, I know! lol. The puddles were creating huge drag, and all the people passing me only giving me 4 inches of clearence were drenching me even worse with there splashing onto me. I still think I'm going to get the Matrix though as it may be a better bike for speed in general, not just because it has more gear inches. I just don't feel aerodynamic on my Mariner, even though I lowerd the handlebars as low as they would go and put the seat about even with it, a teeny higher I think. If I am wrong in any of my statements feel free to tell me I'm wrong (why would be good too) I met a couple roadies at my work today. Apparently they do rides once or twice a week, I think they said on weekdays they go for 3 hours at about 20 MPH. I think weekday rides are about an hour and a half @ 25 mph. At first I was interested but after I found that out I changed my mind Stinks to be a newbie!