Thread: Giant Revive
View Single Post
Old 07-15-08, 09:36 PM
Robert Foster
Banned.

Bikes: Lapierre CF Sensium 400. Jamis Ventura Sport. Trek 800. Giant Cypress.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have a new Revive LX. It just might be the most comfortable bike I have ever had. But then I haven’t had a full recumbent or a day6 to compare it to. Like some have said hills are a slow process and all you can do is gear down and spin. For around town it is about perfect even with the 20-inch wheels. Once you have it adjusted correctly it is very easy to ride for quite a distance. I find it to be just a bit skittish trying to ride next to anyone but for me it was almost the perfect bike for someone getting back into bikes. I’ll take a few pictures of it and post them but I think they all look pretty much alike. I do enjoy the twist shifter and I use about 16 of the 21 gears.

The biggest cons to me are the weight of the bike, however I have some pounds to shed myself. Also I wonder how I will find a rack to mount on the car or truck. Also if it happens that you don’t like the seat you are pretty much out of luck. I use a CO-2 cartridge pump because most pumps will not mount on the bike.

It isn’t the fastest bike I have ever had but it isn’t the slowest either. The back rest is a nice addition in my opinion.

Bob