View Single Post
Old 07-17-08, 04:07 PM
LongarmBiker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Peugeot UO18 - Now with pictures!

I bought this pretty white mixte. The paint, decals and pinstriping are in near mint condition. It's a very cool looking bike. I forgot to take a before picture because I tore right into it to clean it up for a ride this weekend. But I have a few questions . . .

The front fork is chrome tipped. It looks like a clear coat of something has been painted or sprayed on. The coating is scratched and makes the chrome look dull. I have been carefully trying different solvent type things but nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

I've done my minimal best at researching the year and model. Definently a UO18. It has a six digit number stamped on the rear dropout. Does that mean 1960's? Maybe early 70's? It has an awesome front chainring, more like todays compact double. Which from the early catalogs suggests 1973.

It also came with a completely dried out ADGA saddle. Can't decide if I should soak it in a bucket of water or oil or just throw it out.

Componets have been compromised. Some sort of Shimano FD, with a SunTour clamp, basic Simplex RD and orginial Mafac racer brakes. Catalog said it should have Simplex Prestige componets.

All in all a very neat bike. I will post a picture if it helps with my questions. And will definetly post a pic when I get it cleaned up with a new Brooks B-17 and cork grips. LAB

Last edited by LongarmBiker; 07-17-08 at 10:48 PM.