Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bcc
Yeah, it's hard, but getting better. I'm not sure I'll be doing 10,000 foot climbs any time soon given that 1350 feet in 13 miles nearly killed me last weekend, but I shall keep at it. Of course, shifting some weight won't hurt either

1350 in 13 miles great! Keep at it! My wife is always talking about toningher legs more thru riding. 3,000 miles a year (flatland) has done good but I always tellher the hills is what makes BIG differences.

When I train for a ride, I don't recognize my own legs!....MY knee area gets really small and my thighs blow up like pinatas! Plus the calves grow rocks in the back. I lose major weight when climbing consistently. I remember getting out of the shower one night and laying on the bed. I looked down at my body, saw my torso and legs and said to myself,"this is not my body!". Those were the good ol days. I need to get back into it!

Because of the gas, we've cut back drving 30 miles to the flat trail. Living at the foothills, we are forced to ride up to avoid traffic. Her legs are definitely showing changes in the last month. More than the 3 years on the flatlands!