Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Iamkar33m
Hey Beanz, get this... i explained that problem to the Trek customer service dude and he told me I must be taking crazy pills because he think's that it's physically impossible. I told him I experienced the same problem where the chain would just stop and I get off and check everything out and it looks fine. After doing it twice is when the derailleur gave out and went on maximum carnage on my Madone. I felt like I was talking to a brick wall.
Doesn't surprise me. I emailed Trek after my frame snapped. I asked if they had any history of frequent failures cause I was worried as a heavyweight. Mentioned I had seen several post about failed frames, my model or othrwise like FX or other models. They said they had never heard of any problems, but I read them here in this forum.

I lucked out cause they upgraded my frame and fork. Maybe they were worried that I would get hurt and sue since I had snapped one already. I'm just shocked they didn't take care of you. But the LBS is even worse. I know thru past riding partners!

Like the other guy, I think it would only be right by Trek to put some pressure on the shop!