View Single Post
Old 07-19-08, 09:53 AM
bdinger
Chubby super biker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'll state for the hundreth time how lucky I am to have my shop, Cycle Works in Lincoln, NE. When I had problems with my Trek, they went above and beyond to get it taken care of, and Trek honored the warranty. A year and another bike later, they treat me great, to the point where I'm probably going to use them exclusively for everything, markup or not.

That being said, I won't buy another Trek. I have about 1200 miles on my Surly now, and I've had some minor problems with it, but they are just that - minor. By this point on my Trek I'd gone through three wheel builds and a frame (and a rear tire, but not their fault). I really loved my Trek FX and truth be told, I wouldn't mind still having it around because it served a good purpose. However I won't spend money on one again, just because I've had four bikes since I started cycling. A old Raleigh MTB, my Hardrock, the FX and my Surly. Out of the four the Trek has, by a long shot, spent the most time in the shop.

Just sayin'. I could be paranoid, but about the only other two bikes I want are made by other manufactuers, and Trek doesn't make a model that fills those needs (Allez and Karate Monkey). And even if they did, I'd be hesitant to buy one, after I've heard of lighter people than I having problems with their Treks.

Don't mean to flame, and don't get me wrong here - Trek did great on their warranty service, and my LBS went far above and beyond, I just don't like having to even DO warranty repairs.