View Single Post
Old 07-20-08, 04:16 PM
illumin8em

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from West Virginia

Hello my name is Justin ( this may start out a bit of an introduction, and i may post it there as well).

I have been unable to ride or do and consitant physical activity since i was 18 due to illness, but am 26 now, and have been working myh way back for the past two and a half years. I am not much of a gym rat, (I just like being outdoors to much) I just get bored. I not only want to ride, for economic, health, and whatever other reasons a person could give, but I also need to ride. It has haunted my thoughts since I started my slow return to being a healthy and as much as possible normal person. I had almost bit the bullet a few times at my one local bike shop, but eventually backed out surely to lack of confidence in myself.

I have decided that it is time, and that I do not need try and get my friends interested only to be let down just to get myself to begin riding. I have am starting my 2nd semester of my return to college and will not have alot of money to get a bike, not a lot at all. So, I figured that I would do a build-up, or atleast a restore if possible. I am mechanically inclined and don't think that I will have much trouble working it out.

My neighbor who was a Dr. and 100+ years old recently passed and his family is having an estate sale. I found, but have not bought this old Columbia...

My question for the bicycle is not the "whats it worth?" that everyone seems to dispise, but Is it worth buying for 25$ and trying to do the work to? I would be riding it everywhere possible, especially school.

I have not had a chance to measure it to know if it would fit me, and don't really know what size I would need, as I have gotten 3 opinions on that subject. I am 6'2" and 175lbs.

So, anything you can help with is appreciated.
thanks for reading,
Justin