Old 07-21-08, 03:47 PM
Little Darwin
The Improbable Bulk

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Isn't there some implied warrantee that the buyer can expect an authorized Trek dealer to assemble the bike properly? Or that the components that Trek chose to assemble their bike with are warranted by Trek? Or should the OP now file a claim with Shimano? Then can Shimano claim that Mr. Fujimoto's Screw Works was really the company at fault since his screw was the one that loosened, and the OP should send the faulty screw and claim form to Mr. Fujimoto?

I think that the LBS should be the one dealing with the warrantee with Trek/Shimano/Mr. Fujimoto, and not the purchaser, I know my LBS would.

I have had bike shops deal with an issue with a tire that came on a bike, another with an aerosol that had no pressure, and also a pair of shoes that had a minor issue... In no case did I have to deal with the distributor, manufacturer, or subcontractor, the bike shop did. I would have been ticked to have to deal with a manufacturer. I didn't buy from the manufacturer.

To the OP. I think based on this alone, you are making the wise choice to start using another shop.

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson