View Single Post
Old 11-04-04, 06:32 AM
joejack951

Bikes: 2016 Hong Fu FM-079-F, 1984 Trek 660, 2005 Iron Horse Warrior Expert, 2009 Pedal Force CX1, 2016 Islabikes Beinn 20 (son's)

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 65 Posts
Along the same lines (not that I'm turtling or anything but just getting a little cold in this area) what do you guys wear to keep warm on cold days? My problem is that my package and my stomach areas are cold when I get done riding (40-50F temps). The rest of me is toasty warm and comfortable. I've been wearing my regular bibs with knee warmers and an insulated long sleeve jersey. I have bib tights but they are definitely too warm for 40-50F. I get warm almost immediately when I put them on. I'm thinking 30 and below for those. In the meantime though, I'd like to not freeze my balls off.

Any suggestions? Descente makes some cold weather bibs but they are $100 and I'm hoping for a much cheaper solution. For my chest, I just plan on getting an undershirt to add another layer and that should take care of it but I can't think of anything comfortable for the other area. At one point on my ride, I had decided that going with the Superman look (windproof briefs over my bibs) wouldn't be such a bad idea (I was particularly cold at that moment) but when I got home my senses returned. I'm not that super of a man to pull off that look. Hopefully someone here has BTDT.