Old 07-22-08, 09:57 AM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Iamkar33m
What I did last night is assembled a detailed incidence report of what happened the day the RD took a dive into the spokes. I also downloaded my cellphone bill which shows correspondences between me and the original LBS, Jax, and Trek. I also have names and notes I took when I was on the phone with all 3 parties. As soon as my frame returns from Trek I will take it to the LBS that screwed up the install and have a nice long talk with them. My intention is to get them to at least own up to the fact that it MAY have been their wrench's fault for mis-assembling the bike. If I can get that far then we should be able to reach an amicable agreement as to what's going to happen from there. Best case scenario is they refund my money for the bike, worst case scenario I leave pissed off at them sell the Madone and buy a Specialized Tarmac.
Also possible, is that they will be willing to do a split settlement, as there is no way to absolutely prove, one way or the other, they should be willing to go at least half on the repairs......