nkuvu
Recumbent tricyclist

Bikes: Greenspeed GT5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Tucson

Followed a link to this forum from ******.com, and since I've been riding a fair bit recently decided to register.

I ride a Greenspeed GT5, which I find to be exceptionally fun. My original intention was to use this to commute to work, but that hasn't happened yet.

For now I'm riding on a path near the "river"* -- a full trip on the path is about 35 kilometers (about 21 miles). That's round trip, by the way. In that distance, the path crosses only two roads, and the whole thing is pretty flat. I haven't been doing full rides, however, since that takes me quite some time. A friend and I have been doing weekly rides of only part of the path, roughly 18 kilometers.

I'm idly toying with the idea of picking up a two-wheeler as well. In part because many of the shoulders in Tucson are narrow, and the GT5 is not very narrow (it's not outrageously wide, but definitely has a wider track than a two wheeler). Also in part because the GT5 is an expensive trike, and if I'm just bopping over to the grocery store I'd want to take something a little less risk-worthy. I'm completely undecided on style, however. That is, a hybrid bike may suit, but a mountain bike may be ultimately more versatile and therefore a better investment.

...yeah, I tend to ramble a bit occasionally. Also, monkeys.

* the "river" is typically just a dry gulch. This is Tucson, after all.