View Single Post
Old 07-23-08, 09:26 PM
BigPolishJimmy

Bikes: Fuji Monterey, Schwinn Traveler, Fuji Special Road Racer, Gitane Interclub, Sun EZ-1, Schwinn Frontier, Puch Cavalier, Vista Cavalier, Armstrong, Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Stingray

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
[...Originally Posted by BigPolishJimmy ...*snip* 'I gotta say that I have hesitation toward a Trek after reading this post'.... ]

Originally Posted by The Historian
I really don't understand all the Trek bashing in the Clyde forum. They make a good bike, and they have excellent warranty service. Of course, this isn't a warranty issue, but when did that ever stop anyone from blaming a manufacturer?
Originally Posted by beingtxstate
+1 I am really happy with trek. It is unfortunate that sometimes in our anger, we overlook truth (especially when we do it from the armchair) The OP has got the right idea, and what seems like a level head about the whole fiasco....
Wow... Is this really considered "Trek Bashing" for someone to say they would be "hesitant" after hearing about 2 instances(this post + Mr. Beans story) of derailers failing in a potentially painful fashion on a specific product? Hearing about more than one instance makes me wonder about a design flaw in this product/model. I don't have to be fair or objective, I'm a consumer