Old 07-23-08, 10:02 PM
permanentjaun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Critique my eating habits - Am I eating healthy?

Ok. Please advise me on what I should do, if anything, and what I can add to my diet?

I'm 24, 6'0", around 190 lbs. I started commuting to work this week. 27 miles every day. I also ride longer on the weekends.

I don't like to cook, and a lot of what I eat is either ridiculously simple, microwaveable, or both.

Each day I have one bowl of cereal in the morning. Right now it's honey nut cheerios.

After I commute to work I have one bag of easymac. At lunch I eat one bag of Ramen noodles. I drink a lot of water at work, and might snack on some oat grain bars there as well. On random occasions I'll go out to eat with a coworker, so it's not always Ramen noodles for lunch.

When I get home I cool down by having a whey protein shake made with 2% milke. For dinner I have the choice of easymac, ramen, eggs, pasta, white rice, or cereal. I haven't touched the easymac and ramen at home yet just because I already had them earlier in the day. If I have eggs I'll eat 5 cooked sunny side up. On random occasions I'll order a pizza and have that over two days.

On the weekends I tend to visit my parents and get fed well there; typically some sort of meat.

I also sip on gatorade around the house and use it for some rides.

Is my diet healthy? Where do I need to improve? Is one ramen a day going to kill me? What are some other easy and cheap foods to make? Buying in bulk is a plus.

I'm not necessarily looking to lose weight, but it would be nice so that I could climb faster and become an overall better cyclist. I think my commute is certainly helping a bit considering I'm increasing the amount of riding I'm doing by about 5 times since I used to only ride on weekends and the rollers a couple times a week. Also, when I drive to work I tended to have a a Burger Kind value meal #4 with cheese and a Dr. Pepper EVERY DAY. That's a junior whopper with cheese. Some people will hate me, but that's the type of body type I am. I can eat that crap for lunch every day and not gain a pound.

So what do you all think I can do?

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited by permanentjaun; 07-23-08 at 10:30 PM.