Old 07-23-08, 10:46 PM
UmneyDurak
RacingBear

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 36 Posts
I don't think easy mac, and instant ramen noodles are healthy. Last time I looked at the nutritional information of instant noodles in Costco it made my stomach ill. Waaay too much fat, sodium, etc, etc. Cooking stuff yourself is the best way, but if you can't/don't want to try getting some of those instant weight watchers, or other "healthy" meals sold in your local supermarket. You can find them in frozen section. Although it's a bit expensive.
Honey nut cherios have too much sugar, and not much nutritional value. I like oatmeal. There is entire thread dedicated to it either on this sub forum, or commuter sub forum. Protein shake... It's not really necessary for ammount you are riding, but other then maybe adding extra calories not that bad.
Burger King well thats crap food, and you said as much in your post. It will eventually catch up to you. If anything that is the biggest negative in your diet. Dr. Pepper really depends on how much. One can a day is ok I think. The giant gulp thing that looks like you can drown a bunch of kittens in, not so much.
As for gatorade, it has it's place.... That being said drinking it just for the sake of drinking it is empty calories. Even for exercise I think people are over doing it with sports drinks.

Here is an easy recipe:
La tortilla factory tortilla
Kirkland roasted beef
rice
Refried beans (I like vegerita brand ones).
For dressing Fat free Fage greek yogurt mixed with some chipotle salsa. Makes for very nice burrito. Fast to make, and you can warm it up in a microwave.
Variation of this is to use lavash bread instead of tortilla. Just line a bowl put stuff in side cover it with more lavash bread, and eat it with a spoon. Tastes pretty good cold.

Another fast recipe:
Turkey burgers, or those vegetarian burgers. Cook them on a skillet, about 3-4 minutes per side. Wrap it in some Pita bread add some vegetables, and some greek yogurt (I like Fage non-fat), with a bit of soy sauce.

In general bulk=Costco. You can buy pre sliced ham or turkey or roast beef, or canned chicken, tuna, roasted beef and just experiment with different additives.

Last edited by UmneyDurak; 07-23-08 at 10:56 PM.