Old 07-24-08, 12:23 PM
'nother
semifreddo amartuerer

Bikes: several

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hi MaryAnn, it is nice to hear from you. First off, I should mention that while I never met John, I do think about him every time I am heading for a ride (I would guess many AVs do), as we quite literally wear his name on our sleeve.

re: the possibility that the person running the stop light was not an actual AV member: I suppose it's possible, since anyone can buy Webcor pro kit through Velowear.com. It's somewhat easy to distinguish Webcor pro kit from the Webcor/Alto Velo club design: the club/amateur kit has added yellow stripes. But I would not expect anyone outside (or maybe even inside) the club to be paying that much attention to it. And some AV members do buy bits of the pro kit from time to time (discount sales, etc.). But, possibility is one thing; likelihood is another. Sadly, chances of this person having been an actual member of AV are pretty good.

jimples: I'm sorry you had such a crappy run-in with this person and I would again like to reiterate that he does not represent the views nor practices nor policies of the club. You did the right thing by mentioning it to the club president as well as here and I hope the exposure will help to shame the person into better behavior. Thanks.