Old 07-24-08, 08:59 PM
Cheeto
Banned.

Bikes: Trek 3900

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK AFTER A FEW MINUTES LOOKING AT MY OLD SUNTOUR, AND THEN MY MANITOU, the suntour has a notch just big enough for a screw driver, stick it in there and pry up the crown race pops up.
The manitou doesnt have one of these. So after about 15 minutes of carefully poking and proding with random thin tools and a few taps of a rubber mallot, and a chunk of skin missing off my finger the old race came of.
It was a little rusted on to, so I cleaned up all around the area, and slide the Cane creek crown race (looks exactly like the one pictured above! thanks for that, same color and everything) down onto the steer tube down to the crown. Assembled it all backtogether paying close attention to the bearings and stuff, and now it's all together correctly, its all fitting good, no wobble, no stiffness, no gap, its perfect!

IT'S FINALLY FIXED!!!!!!!

Guess I owe some of you some appologies, and some of you some thanks.

I should of read up a little more, and payed closer attention, at first I didn't know what the difference was between the two races, tonight, at like 10:45, it finally hit me. It has got to come off. SO thank you everyone for your help and critques. My headset is now properly installed.

Next thing on my list is the... fork =)