View Single Post
Old 07-26-08, 03:45 PM
Stpizzay
"I hate Illinois Nazi's"

Bikes: One thats squishy, one thats just squishy in the front, and one thats not squishy at all.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Commuting - Bags and Such

I'm going to begin commuting to school here in a few weeks, and ill be doing it on my 'Cross bike, its a Redline Conquest, and unfortunately it doesn't have the rear mounts for a rack or pannier. I'm looking for a good bag to wear, previously I've just used a backpack but it just isn't comfortable when riding the 10 miles to my school. I generally have quite a few books/binders that are necessary, and my bags tend to get overstuffed. I had the opportunity to try on one of the chrome messenger bags, and i found it really comfortable and was surprised at how well it stayed centered on my back, although i am unsure of what will happen when i load one of these messenger bags down with a decent load of papers and books, will it stay centered on my back? Or will it slip down to my side and make riding awkward? I am usually required to bring 3 to 4 one inch binders, as well as 2 good sized books for my A.P. Lit class, are these bags comfortable loaded down?
I am looking at this one
http://www.chromebags.com/products/bags/show/13/
i don't know of too many company's that make good messenger bags, i got to meet the guys from chrome and try on their bags at the Downieville classic a few weeks ago, other than that i don't know of any so if you folks have any other companies that you would recommend that would be great.
Thanks for the help!
-ES