Old 07-26-08, 09:18 PM
bigbris1
One skid from blown knees

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by peabodypride
Okay, Big Bris. To "prove my saltiness" this is my bike. I am going to be quite frank: it is more tarck than your $300 Windsor will ever be. Let's make that clear.

I spent a ton of money and got (arguably, except for the POS MXRs I had laying around and tires, which are now Gatorskins) the best, most logical components within reason because they will never fail and they get me rolling. and they look good.

Now your earlier comments said people should ride bikes with their intended purposes. A track bike is meant to be ridden on the track, right? But me and hundreds of people live nowhere near one. I still love my bike.

Guess what? Now it has a water bottle mount hose-clamped on, a computer, and pursuit bars. Why? Because I am doing long-mile rides and a 35mi RT commute 4x a week. I just did an exact 60 mile loop out to Valley Forge, PA this morning, cyclocomputer shots if you think I'm "salty."

I don't feel like going into a deep-hearted logical argument with you. I'ts dinner time on a Saturday evening and there are a trillion other things I could be doing. My main point is bikes are MODULAR and can fit different applications according to the owners. 1x1 gearing fixed on a mountain frame with deep deep aerobars? Have a ball. Maybe the owner is.... making a bike work to his or her unique application. Doing long rides with a computer is comforting and you'd be a literal ****** to go without water. Too bad my bike doesn't look exactly how *you* want it, it is MODULAR and through my imagination and mechanical abilities I can make it fit different applications.

People often prefer conversions because the relaxed geometry is more manageable on long rides. My track pro is not designed for half-centuries but I make it work because I have nothing else to do and no money for a different bike. But eventually I will have a SS cross bike and a road bike. Anyway, conversions are an owners' preference and if it makes him or her more comfortable and faster, who cares?

Now if you want to have a logical debate diddle I will be happy to oblige at a later date, but there's no real need for one.
OK, I'll play along.

Dude, you spent way to much time, energy & effort on your POS looking bike when you should have been working on a respectable sofa.

There.