View Single Post
Old 07-27-08, 03:16 PM
Stallionforce

Bikes: 05 Norco CRR Team Carbon Dura Ace, 06 Cervelo P2C TT Dura Ace, 88 Olmo Steelie w. Campy Mirage, Cypress CX w. 105

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chuongdoan
Top 5 GC- certainly Garmin is happy with their sponsorship decision this year. Do they sign a true GC contender next year? A sprinter to take home at least one stage win? Or will CVV have to be the man? What an awesome tour debut for the team!

Vandevaldendeveldavan is a true GC man. Talk about consistent. One little flub. That's amazing for a first-year attempt at leading and being the GC man. Props to Ryder, our boy, for making the break that day and helping pull Veldavandeldevaldevan back. Shame as Christian is a good guy, and you could see his confidence growing. Top 5 man, that is good. Sometimes Americans I find have it out of perspective. Cycling is religion in France, Spain and Italy. Cycling is like a 17th-tier sport in the States and Canada, just behind ice fishing and frisbee golf. You guys had an AMAZING run with Lemond and Armstrong, and then Landis -- although he turned out to have more testosterone than Ferrigno and a herd of angry wildebeest-s. Or maybe just a herd of Ferrignos and a wildebeest. I don't know, you get the pic.

Hold on to that boy, he is going to be a star. The team really missed Z. Put the TTT back in next year and look out for Garmin, especially with Vanveldevandedelde coming in with the level of confidence he left the tour with. Superb performance, chapeau, chapeau.

Last edited by Stallionforce; 07-27-08 at 03:22 PM.