View Single Post
Old 07-28-08, 12:54 PM
kokomo61

Bikes: Giant OCR C2, Kona Jake the Snake, Scattante 650-R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Still have trouble sleeping (ribs hurt), have had no update from his insurance company regarding PD replacement of my bike.

Court date for his Failure to Yield ROW ticket is 8/18. I'll post an update after that. I should be able to contradict any (false) testimony from him regarding his or my actions at the intersection. The GPS data clearly shows what I did.

I've got a call into the prosecutor to see if he'll upgrade the charges. (So, if the guy successfully pleas it down, there'll still be something left). He passed on the right, which is illegal. That would be a total of 7 points (4 for the ROW, and 3 for the passing on the right).

He has also been in the state more than 60 days with an out of state drivers license, and his car is still registered in that state. Those are 3 point violations each.

If the prosecutor agreed to tack those on, that would be 13 points - automatic suspension. I doubt if they'll go for all of them, but I need to try.

Also, he moved his car before the police got there, even though it wasn't blocking traffic. I want to find out if that's an infraction as well. (EDIT) evidently it is - vehicles involved in accidents are ONLY to be moved if they are obstructing traffic. His was not - other bikes and peds were using the crosswalk after the hit. He got in his car and moved it off the street into a nearby parking lot. That would be another 3 points.
'06 Kona Jake the Snake

Last edited by kokomo61; 07-28-08 at 01:15 PM.