View Single Post
Old 11-06-04, 05:17 PM
enduro
Eschew Obfuscation!

Bikes: 2005 Rocky Mountain ETSX, Surly Crosscheck, 2000 Enduro Expert (sold), 1999 Rockhopper, 1984 Trek 520 (STOLEN-but recovered!), $7 rigid MTB from a police auction (broken, then stolen)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Haha, nice I've done a few stupid moves like that...if it looks like I can't make it, I've learned to bail as soon as I stall out. Usually I end up sliding down the incline anyway, half-on my bike (one foot still clipped in)...but at least I don't fall hard...haha. Momentum is your friend!

The stupidest wipeout I've had recently: I was coming home on the local bike paths. There are plastic rumble strips at the edge of the path to let skateboarders know they're about to run into the bike path, and it turns out that these are pretty slick when they're wet. I took a shortcut, and touched the plastic strips....front wheel just wiped out, I kind of lay the bike down, and skidded to a stop on my bare knee. Yes, skidding to a stop from like 15 mph on concrete shreds your knees. This was a few weeks ago, the giant scabs have almost healed..haha