Old 07-29-08, 04:23 AM
Parsnip

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin
So, Cadel should attack uphill because it'd entertain you guys. Even though the dude isn't a pure climber. You don't like him cuz he's boring and a bit high strung after riding his ass off for 3 weeks.

How many of you race?
Thats pretty much true...

I dont like him because he is a whining arsehole who badmouths his team and slags off CSC because they have a better team ("3vs1... 3vs1...")

My favourite rider in the peloton is Jens - hes a character and he is great to watch - just because he wont win the TdF doesnt mean i cant like him as a rider. By the same token, it doesnt matter to me if Cadel is a GC contender or not - i think hes boring to watch and thus dont like him. A rider's position in the GC has no bearing on if i like them or not. I like Cav and he looked like a good contender for the lanterne rouge before he dropped out.

You spectacularly miss the point with the "How many of you race?" comment, both you and I are looking at the tour from a spectators point of view - unless your cat-2-meter really needs an update and you were riding in the tour - so wether I race or not is irrelevant (i do, but see above...)

I also watch Formula 1, i dont like Kimi Raikonnen - then again, i dont race F1 cars, so im not entitled to that view...