FriendlyFred

Bikes: BMC Team Machine, BMC Road Racer, BMC Streetfire, BMC AlpenChallenge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Parsnip
Thats pretty much true...

I dont like him because he is a whining arsehole who badmouths his team and slags off CSC because they have a better team ("3vs1... 3vs1...")

My favourite rider in the peloton is Jens - hes a character and he is great to watch - just because he wont win the TdF doesnt mean i cant like him as a rider. By the same token, it doesnt matter to me if Cadel is a GC contender or not - i think hes boring to watch and thus dont like him. A rider's position in the GC has no bearing on if i like them or not. I like Cav and he looked like a good contender for the lanterne rouge before he dropped out.

You spectacularly miss the point with the "How many of you race?" comment, both you and I are looking at the tour from a spectators point of view - unless your cat-2-meter really needs an update and you were riding in the tour - so wether I race or not is irrelevant (i do, but see above...)

I also watch Formula 1, i dont like Kimi Raikonnen - then again, i dont race F1 cars, so im not entitled to that view...

By that other guy's reasoning, no one except 'real racers' would ever be able to comment on the tour or any other race. wtf. This is a discussion board, one of those places people go to read and post their opinions and thoughts, people aren't resticted because 'they don't race' themselves. And no, I don't race. I ride because I love riding. I watch the tour and other pro races becuase it's cool seeing just how good those guys are. I don't like Cadel because he does nothing but whine, he's an inverterate wheel sucker, and my opinion is he didn't win the tour because he didn't earn the win, while Sastre did (on Alp d'Huez).