View Single Post
Old 07-29-08, 11:14 PM
Wotan
#$*&

Bikes: Bates (of Coburg) track bike(60s/70s?), Malvern Star Ladies coronation (1953), SuperElliots pathracer (60s?), Repco pathracer (1964), Holland Ladies (50s?), Moa (50s?), Hillman Ladies (40s?), Batavia? (40s?), Malvern Star 2 star ladies (50s?)...etc.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elTwitcho
No, I've only had one actual crash under my belt (ie moving at decent speed) which involved getting caught in street car tracks because I had to dodge a car that pulled out during my turn. I went right clear of the bike which seemed IMO to make hitting the ground alot more simple and straightforward than having to worry about having limbs caught or torqued around a bike frame.

Like I said, it seems I'm just overthinking things. The bike comes with toe clips but I'll be switching those out for clipless pedals in the near future.

Last year I was standing out the front of work when three guys on track bikes came tearing down the street. One guy drifted onto the street car tracks and when the tire went in he got launched over the handlebars like a monkey, and landed on his feet. Him, his friends, and me all burst into laughter. It was totally amazing! Yes, he was wearing toe clips. No, I can't guarantee that happens to everyone who drifts onto trolley tracks with toe clips.