View Single Post
Old 07-29-08, 11:18 PM
Wotan
#$*&

Bikes: Bates (of Coburg) track bike(60s/70s?), Malvern Star Ladies coronation (1953), SuperElliots pathracer (60s?), Repco pathracer (1964), Holland Ladies (50s?), Moa (50s?), Hillman Ladies (40s?), Batavia? (40s?), Malvern Star 2 star ladies (50s?)...etc.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DDYTDY
So I got my first set of road cleats like the ones above a week after a broke my collar bone. I rode into my driveway without loosening the straps.....................................

I've been riding some similar cleats daily for the past six months or so and love them! To me it's like having the benfits of clipless (stiff soled shoes) with the option to wear regular shoes if you're going somewhere where you don't want to carry a second pair of shoes.

My only incident was one time getting out of the strap and going for a fastish dismount. I, apparently, only placed the plastic cleat on the ground 'cos my foot slipped out from under me causing me and the bike to end up on the ground in a busy-ish shopping strip. No injuries, plenty of embarassment.