Matt888
Stop It!

Bikes: Ferrari, Euro sport, Wheeler.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by epobuster
I do think Evan's highly strung personality, extreme sensitivity and paper-thin mental toughness contributed to his poor time trial. These character traits burn up a lot of energy, and I think this may have proved the difference between him winning and finishing 2nd.

However, much of his behaviour is simply inexcusable. He is not a youngster, but a veteran approaching the end of his career and should know better. I also agree with others about his motorhome, bodyguard and entourage - it's a shame his results don't match his ego. In my opinion he is a spoilt 3 year old in a squeaky voiced man's body.
Paper thin mental toughness?? That's laughable! 4 tours, top ten in all of them and second in 2. Yeah, no capacity to perform as an athlete there?? I wouldn't exactly call him at the end of his career, he'll ride another 4 tour's easily. He's only just hit his stride as a cyclist in the last couple of years. You need to watch all his interviews, then you would realise that he's hardly egotistical.
Having a motorhome and bodyguard that are suplied by your team (the entourage you speak of, some refer to them as family and friends, but I guess you don't know much about, sucks to be you I guess) not yourself (you can garrantee it wasn't his idea), just means your team want you to focus on the task at hand. Its all good and well for you to comment on someones mental resolve from your PC on a forum, but to call a twice runner up, 4 time top 10 finisher of the biggest annual sporting event in the world "a spoilt 3 year old" and then comment on the pitch of his voice as if that means anything says alot more about you and your intilectual deficiencies as a cyclist and person than it could ever reflect on him.